Sunday 12 January 2014

ELF COSMETICS| HAUL

Its January which means the month where everyone is depressed and needs to be cheered up..right? So I thought I would take it upon myself to brighten my mood and take full advantage of the ELF cosmetics makeup sale (here). I didn't go too crazy and only picked up 10 things..(anyone who knows me, knows this is well restrained for me!).
I was so excited when this package turned up at my door and I couldn't wait to see what all the fuss was about! As I said previously, I have only bought a few things to try the brand out. Let's take a look at what I bought...
I mostly concentrated on eye products as that's what I feel I've got least of in my makeup collection. I bought a few glitter eyeshadows that were a crazy price of £1.25. I mean I couldn't just have one so I obviously I got three, ooooopsss!! I also bought an eyeshadow pallete that is especially for green eyes- this is one of the products I have tried out. I got the glitter primer because what girl can resist a glitter primer when she's buying three glitter eyeshadows!?
Moving swiftly on to lips, I purchased a jumbo lipstick stick which looks fabulous. Also to combine with this I bought one of the 'shimmer lip glosses' to out over the top of my lipstick.. This is in the colour pink umbrellas.
Finally, I bought a bronzer in the colour Golden, is it just me who thinks the packaging reminds them of NARS?.
I have actually tried the bronzer out and thought I'd give you a wee look at the colour pigmentation. It looks fab when it's contoured onto the face. I blend all four colours together using my real techniques blush brush and I dont think I'll ever go back to another bronzer. The picture does it no justice. I seriously recommended getting onto ELF ASAP and bagging this bargain for only £3.25!. 
I went on a night out last night and thought I would make use of this palette and 'enhance my eyes' as that's what this palette is supposed to do. The packaging is beautiful and the colours also look amazing but when I went to use them they were really chalky and the lighter colours were not the most pigmented things I've ever seen. In the end I decided to ditch the lighter colours and use the dark purple shown at the end of the palette and used some other loose eyeshadows I have from mac and urban decay. I really was disappointed with this but for the price of £2.75 I couldn't really complain.
To conclude I am not reallly sure how I feel about ELF cosmetics at the moment. The bronzer is fabulous but the eyeshadows not so much. I'll have to test all the other products out and decide from there.
Do you have any ELF products, and if so what ones? Is there any products from what I bought that you'd like me to review?

Happy reading,
Kates xo




1 comment:

  1. Great haul and mini reviews. The bronzer sounds really good for the price! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete