Tuesday 7 January 2014

Let's talk about..BABYLIPS.

As you all know the cold months are here and everyone seems to be Ill, complaining it's freezing or has chapped lips. Well, I can't do anything about the first two I'm sorry to say but I have discovered a product that may solve your chapped lips.
I first heard about this product while watching YouTube videos. I done my research and was so disappointed that they were only available in the U.S. I managed to persuade myself many times to just order some from America but I just couldn't justify the postage. So back in July when I went into Boots and saw these I was overwhelmed with excitement and decided I just had to buy all 6...Incase you haven't already guessed, yes, I am talking about 'Maybelline, BABYLIPS'.


I was drawn in by the wonderful colours and childish packaging. I was so excited to try these and was surprised by the formula. They are so soft and almost turn into a liquid unlike most lip balms that are hardening on the lips and almost pull at them. These glide on with ease and leave such a fabulous texture. I absolutely love these..however, Maybelline claim that Baby Lips offer 8 hours of hydration and I'm afraid that it is not case it is closer to about 3 hours, as long as the balm is on the lips the skin will remain moisturised but once it wears off all the benefits tend to vanish. These products come in at just less that £3 each which is an absolute bargain..(and who doesn't love a bargain?). For such a bargain price they do contain substantial ingredients which include Vitamin E, Shea butter, Aloe Vera and in some of them even SPF 20. Also, while I was researching I found out that they contain a lot of petroleum which may be the reason as to why they don't last for as long as claimed. The main problem with Petroleum is that it tends to only mask the problem of dry skin/lips with a barrier of hydration and over time said ingredient can suck out extra moisture from the skin/lips making the problem worse rather than better.

At the moment Maybelline have launched 6 of their now infamous balms within the UK which include three with an SPF : Hydrate, Mint Fresh and Intense Care. All of these three apply clear and leave a slightly glossy finish to the lips( personally these are my favourite!!). The other three are tinted and give a very sheer colour. Unlike the non-tinted versions these do not include an SPF and come in the following shades Pink Punch, Cherry Me and Peach Kiss.


Basically I LOVE MAYBELLINE BABYLIPS. I just wish that they would last a bit longer. They are fabulous for stashing in your pocket or bag as a quick fix for dried out lips. All in All, they are a great product that are fun, smell amazing and are CHEAP!

Kate's xo

Maybelline Baby Lips- Boots, £2.99*



4 comments:

  1. great photos! I have a couple of these too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! They are great aren't they?!
      Kates, xo

      Delete
  2. Hi, you have wonderful blog and great post, did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back! thank you.
    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited for babylips but I found them too drying! Such a letdown for me! On a muchhhh brighter note, I nominated you for the Liebster Award cause you're so FABULOUS! Visit rachelsaysfabulous to find out more! xxx

    ReplyDelete