Sunday 23 March 2014

LANCÔME ROUGE IN LOVE 'VIOLETTE COQUETTE' REVIEW

Okay..I am not proud of myself but I done it again...I bought another lipstick. But this time I genuinely do blame Rachel (here) as her blogpost (here) was far too persuasive. 
The Lancome Rouge in Love  range always gets fabulous reviews and I wanted to see what all the hype was about! I love my dark colours, purples, deep reds and anything that isn't pink and girly, basically! This colour popped out straight away, outdoing all the other colours in the 24 piece collection. 
Rouge in Love - Violette Coquette - 381B
The packaging itself was what drew me in first of all. It feels like a high end product if that makes sense. The base of the lipstick is supposed to represent a wedding band which is so cute considering the love theme and all. The only downside to the packaging I have is that I feel it could hold more lipstick in the tube than it actually does. Also, the colour isn't at the bottom of the packaging only a number is shown and I feel like if there was this would allow people to distinguish colours easier if you had more than one of these in your collection.

Lets talk about the product itself...It is fabulous. The colour is so so so gorgeous, a vibrant purple which wold suit any skin tone in my opinion. It does contain some shimmer but not enough that it looks like you have just applied a lipgloss. The formula is very moisturising, I feel, and it literally lasts ALL day, even when I had been eating and drinking. It can be worn so many different ways and if you don't want to have such an intense colour it would look just as good as a stain with some lipgloss over it!
I have put a picture below of me wearing this for a night out!

I wonder if I could pout anymore than what I am already?

As for the price, this lipstick comes in at £21.50, which for the colour, versatility, pigmentation and packaging is completely justifiable in my opinion. I can't get enough of it and will most definitely be repurchasing this in the near future. I highly recommend you get down to your local counter and purchase one of these! AMAZING!!

Have you tried any of the Lancome Rouge in Love lipsticks? What is your favourite lipstick of all time?

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Kates xox

1 comment: